bridge information


Irishman Bridge

World Guide #14-84-01

Originally crossing Honey Creek, this 72 foot long Modified Queenspost truss structure was built by C.W. Bishop in 1845 . In 1972 the Irishman bridge was moved to Fowler Park, where it crosses a section of the pond, and is closed to traffic.

Established in 1818 and named in honor of Colonel Francis Vigo, this county is located in West Central Indiana where Terre Haute is the County Seat.

Vigo County originally had six (6) covered bridges. Today it has one (1) remaining.

Points of interest in the County include: Indiana State University, Rose-Hulman Institute, St. Mary-of-the-Woods College and the home of Eugene V. Debs.