bridge information


World Guide #14-70-18

Originally crossing Mud Creek in Homer, during a flood in 1892 it floated downstream settling in a farmers field. Converted into a barn, this 51 foot long Multiple King Post truss structure was built by A.M. Kennedy & Sons in 1881.

Established in 1821 the county named in honor of Dr. Benjamin Rush who was the first Professor of Chemistry at the College of Philadelphia, an Anti-Slavery activist, member of the Continental Congress and a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Rush county is located in East Central Indiana where Rushville is the County Seat.

Rush County originally had nineteen (19) covered bridges. Today it has six (6) remaining.

Points of interest in the County include its Kennedy covered bridges as well as the Little and Big Blue Rivers.