bridge information


World Guide #14-70-02

Outfutt Ford Bridge

Crossing Little Blue River and constructed with a Burr Arch truss, this 99.5 foot long structure was built by the Kennedy Brothers in 1884 and is still open to traffic. Restored in 1996, it was shortened 1 foot 2 inches.

Established in 1821 the county named in honor of Dr. Benjamin Rush who was the first Professor of Chemistry at the College of Philadelphia, an Anti-Slavery activist, member of the Continental Congress and a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Rush county is located in East Central Indiana where Rushville is the County Seat.

Rush County originally had nineteen (19) covered bridges. Today it has six (6) remaining.

Points of interest in the County include its Kennedy covered bridges as well as the Little and Big Blue Rivers.