bridge information


The Deer's Mill Bridge
World Guide #14-54-03

Deer's Mill Bridge

Crossing Sugar Creek near Shades State Park, this 275-foot long Burr Arch truss structure was built by J.J. Daniels in 1876 and bypassed in 1970.

Montgomery County was established in 1822 and named in honor of General Richard Montgomery, who was killed at the battle at Montreal in the War of 1812. It is located in South Central Indiana where Crawfordsville is the County Seat.

Montgomery County originally had eight (8) covered bridges. Today it has two (2) remaining.

Points of interest in the County include: the General Lew Wallace Study & Museum and Wabash College.