bridge information


The Matthews Bridge
World Guide #14-27-01

Crossing the Mississinewa River and constructed with a Howe truss, this 175-foot long structure was built by William Parks in 1877. The bridge's official name is Cumberland, but it is more commonly known as Matthews due to its proximity to the town of Matthews. The bridge is open to traffic.

Established in 1831 and named in honor of Captains Moses and Samuel Grant, this county is located in Northeastern Indiana where Marion is the County Seat.

Grant County originally had eight (8) covered bridges. Today it has one (1) remaining.

Points of interest in the County include: Marion College and Taylor University.