bridge information


The Cade's Mill Bridge
World Guide #14-23-02

Cades Mill Bridge

This 150-foot long structure was built by Captain White in 1854, with a Howe truss, to cross Coal Creek. The Cade's Mill bridge was bypassed in 1979 and is now closed to traffic.

Cade's Mill is in Fountain county, which was established in 1825 and named in honor of frontiersman Major Fountain. The county is located in West Central Indiana where Covington is the County Seat.

Fountain County originally had six (6) covered bridges. Today it has three (3) remaining.

Points of interest in the County include: Attica along the Wabash River, Portland Arch and Bear Creek Canyon.