bridge information


The Longwood Bridge
World Guide #14-21-01

Longwood Bridge

Originally crossing Williams Creek, the Longwood bridge was moved in 1894 to Roberts Park in Connersville where it sits astride a ravine. This 10-foot long structure was built by the Kennedy Bros. in 1884 and constructed with a Burr Arch truss.

Established in 1819 and named in honor of the marquis d'Lafayette, hero of the Revolutionary War, Fayette County is located in East Central Indiana where Connersville is the County Seat.

Fayette County originally had five (5) covered bridges. Today it has one (1) remaining.

Points of interest in the County include: The Canal House (1842), Whitewater Valley Railroad and the Reynolds Museum of Science and history.